Monday, September 05, 2011

10 Day Juice Fast - Day 6


Monday I embarked on a 10 day juice fast. This basically means I eat nothing solid, and replace my meals with freshly juiced fruits and vegetables. I want to chronicle the whole crazy mess here.


Breakfast

Fruit Drink - Grapefruit, Orange, Pineapple, Strawberries, Nectarine, Red Apple

This is my new favorite fruit juice. This is a recipe I put together, and I will stick with it the rest of the fast. It tastes exactly like the Ruby Red Grapefruit juice you can buy in the store, but it's all natural. Since I am not working today I didn't save a snack for later. I just drank the whole thing for breakfast.

Lunch

Veggie Drink - Kale, Red Cabbage, Cucumber, Carrots, Celery, Asparagus, Ginger, Mint, Lemon, Green Apple

This was my first full day at home during the juice fast and by far the most difficult. I was extremely hungry the entire day, and the hunger pangs would just get worse when the kids ate.

Just before dinner we went to the store to stock up on more produce, and on the way home we got the kids a pizza. My wife and I agreed it was the most beautiful cheese pizza we had ever seen. It smelled amazing and it was picture perfect. I have to admit, I almost caved and ate a slice.

Dinner

Veggie Drink - Kale, Parsley, Cilantro, Cucumber, Broccoli, Asparagus, Celery, Ginger, Mint, Lemon, Green Apple

This dinner was even more disappointing since I watched the kids eat down the amazing pizza we got them. If I was going to quit, this would have been the day. It was the roughest, but I made it through.


Weight: 173.4 pounds

weight lost = 1.2 pounds

No comments: