Monday, September 05, 2011

10 Day Juice Fast - Day 7


Monday I embarked on a 10 day juice fast. This basically means I eat nothing solid, and replace my meals with freshly juiced fruits and vegetables. I want to chronicle the whole crazy mess here.


Breakfast

Fruit Drink - Grapefruit, Orange, Pineapple, Strawberries, Nectarine, Red Apple

Leslie made pancakes and eggs for the kids. It was difficult to throw away the leftover pancake even with my new favorite fruit juice sitting in my tummy.

Lunch

Veggie Drink - Kale, Cilantro, Parsley, Red Cabbage, Cucumber, Beets, Tomato, Carrots, Mint, Lemon, Green Apple

The beets turned this juice to blood red. My son walked in and asked with a disgusted face, "What are you guys drinking?" I told him blood and he freaked out. He warned me that only vampires drink blood and asked me if I wanted to become a vampire. I agreed my plan was ill advised and revealed the true nature of the red juice.

Dinner

Veggie Drink - Kale, Cilantro, Parsley, Spinach, Celery, Broccoli, Asparagus, Green Bell Pepper, Brussell Sprouts, Cucumber, Lemon, Green Apple

Tonight was the easiest nights of the fast. We took the kids to Whataburger for dinner and let them eat in the van while Leslie and I chatted. I had no desire to eat the kids' food.


Weight: 172.8 pounds

weight lost = 0.6 pound

1 comment:

SamuelRutherford said...

I'm juice fasting. I lost about 40 pounds in 35 days. I'm still fasting, but I've eased-up a bit. But I want to hit my college weight again. I did the rebootyourlife.com recipes. They really suppressed the hunger--as long as I drank 5, 12 oz glasses a day.