Wednesday, August 31, 2011

10 Day Juice Fast - Day 2


Monday I embarked on a 10 day juice fast. This basically means I eat nothing solid, and replace my meals with freshly juiced fruits and vegetables. I want to chronicle the whole crazy mess here.


Breakfast

Fruit Drink - Strawberries, Grapefruit, Red Apples, Peach, Pineapple

Fresh juice in the morning is the best part of this juice fast. I actually decided to only drink half of the juice in the morning. I diluted it a bit with water to make the serving a tad larger. I saved the other half for a snack after lunch to help pull me through the day.

Lunch

Veggie Drink - Celery, Cucumber, Tomato, Spinach, Carrots, Collard Greens, Ginger, Green Apple, Lemon

Once again my stomach was complaining pretty good around lunch time. I drank my lunch and decided to get some exercise. I jumped on the treadmill in the building gym. I jogged/walked 2 miles and according to the machine burned off over 200 calories.

After the run I felt pretty darn good. I didn't feel hungry until 3pm which was an hour later than the day before.My stomach actually didn't give me as much of a fuss as Monday. One thing that helped was the snack I brought along for the day.

Snack

I finished up my fruit juice saved over from breakfast. It was a good strategy. I was able to focus on work much easier.

Dinner

Veggie Drink - Kale, Celery, Cucumber, Calabasas Squash, Broccoli, Tomato, Spinach, Carrots, Collard Greens, Ginger, Green Apple, Lemon

 I stopped at the store and picked up some more greens, so we added them to the mix. It wasn't a pleasant dinner, but I handled it. Once again I got hungry pretty early, so I went to bed around 10pm.


Weight: 177.4 pounds

weight lost = 2.0 pounds

1 comment:

chaz said...

meat is so overrated. GO TONY!