Wednesday, August 31, 2011

10 Day Juice Fast - Day 3


Monday I embarked on a 10 day juice fast. This basically means I eat nothing solid, and replace my meals with freshly juiced fruits and vegetables. I want to chronicle the whole crazy mess here.


Breakfast

Fruit Drink - Strawberries, Grapefruit, Red Apples, Peach, Pineapple

Fresh juice in the morning is the best part of this juice fast. I saved half of my breakfast for a late afternoon snack again.

Lunch

Veggie Drink - Kale, Celery, Cucumber, Brocoli, Tomato, Carrots, Ginger, Green Apple, Lemon

Today was similar to yesterday. My stomach griped around the same time, and I drank my afternoon fruit juice snack. I didn't exercise today since I was pretty darn sore from yesterday. I'll get back on the treadmill tomorrow.

Snack

I finished up my fruit juice saved over from breakfast. I actually got hungrier in the late afternoon. The day felt so much longer today.

Dinner

Veggie Drink - Kale, Celery, Cucumber, Calabasas Squash, Asparagus, Parsley, Mint, Green Apple, Lime

 I stopped at the store on the way home and picked up some some more veggies and some mint. The mint made the drink refreshing, and it didn't taste as bad as the previous veggie drinks.

I still felt hungry after having my dinner juice. Every time I walk near the kitchen my brain says, "hey let's get some chips." It's not that I want to eat food, but since I am hungry it's a habit to think about grabbing a snack.

While cutting watermelon for the kids I instinctively grabbed a piece and started to put it in my mouth. Fortunately Leslie caught me and yelled as if I was about to swallow a flaming sword. Fortunately the watermelon only hit my lips and did not reach my mouth. Juice fast saved at the last second!


Weight: 176.8 pounds

weight lost = 0.6 pound

No comments: